Each year, members of LSHR at NYU participate in a variety of internships, research projects and advocacy positions. The following are a list of projects some of our members are working on this semester:
- Research on the state practice of crimes against humanity in Cambodia
- Representing tenants at risk of eviction from public housing in South Brooklyn
- Research exploitation of foreign workers near U.S. military bases in Iraq
- Conducting legal research to redraft Middle Eastern countries’ constitutions
- Working to help immigrant minors with asylum, deferred action, and U-visa cases
- Researching and drafting legal memorandum in support of litigation regarding sexual violence against women
- Providing legal assistance to victims of domestic violence in family court matters, divorce proceedings, and immigration cases.
If you have any questions or would like to know how you can get involved in future advocacy projects, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.